🇹🇹 Mango Chutney Recipe by Chef Shaun
We make and enjoy a lot of chutneys in T&T, and with mango so readily abundant, it was a no-brainer. We typically use this as a condiment for pholourie, saheena, and many other Indian-inspired snack-sized foods.
Yield – 24 to 32 oz
Rose Mango - 5 Full (peeled, core removed, cubed)
Water - 1/2 cup
Granulated Sugar - 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup
Chadon Beni/Culantro – 6 leaves / 1/8 cup
Garlic - 10 whole cloves
Hot Pepper – 1 tsp or to taste
Salt - 1 tbsp
Geera (Cumin) Powder - 2 tsp
Caripulee Leaves – 2
1. Wash all your ingredients and drain off excess water.
2. Add all ingredients to your blender and blend.
3. Blend until your chutney reaches a thick but smooth consistency.
4. Stop and check the consistency as well as taste.
5. You may want to add more sugar, salt and/or water at this point depending on your preference.
6. When finished, transfer to a tightly sealed container
and store in your refrigerator.