Garlic Chadon Beni Naan Recipe by Chef Shaun 🇹🇹
Yield - 8 Naans
Garlic - 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Chadon Beni - 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Warm Water - ½ cup
Brown Sugar - 1 tsp
Instant Yeast - 2 ¼ tsp
Roti + Doubles Flour - 2 ¼ cups (sifted)
Salt - ½ tsp
Plain Yogurt - ½ cup
Soya Bean Oil - 1 tbsp
Salted Butter - 4 oz
1. In a small bowl, add 1 tbsp garlic, 1 tbsp chadon beni, warm water, sugar, and yeast.
2. Stir to combine, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes to allow the yeast to activate.
3. In a bowl, mix flour and salt.
4. Add 2 tbsp garlic, 2 tbsp chadon beni, yogurt, oil and ¾ of your water mixture.
5. Knead the dough until the surface becomes smooth and shiny, about 10 minutes.
6. Cover the dough with a damp cloth or clingwrap and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
7. Using a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat.
8. Once melted, switch off heat and add remaining garlic and chadon beni.
9. Cover and allow garlic and chadon beni to steep and infuse its flavours into the butter.
10. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
11. Cover with a damp cloth or clingwrap and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
12. Heat up your tawa or cast-iron skillet/griddle over high heat.
13. Roll each ball into a 8” disk using a rolling spin.
14. Once tawa is smoking hot, place your naan in the middle and allow to cook on either side (about 2 minutes each).
15. Once cooked, lightly brush with infused butter, and enjoy!
Help us to continue making these videos by shopping our:
Merchandise Store: https://foodie-nation-merch.creator-spring.com