- Chef Jeremy Lovell
How To Make Trini Roast Fish
Kez takes Chef Jeremy in de yard for him to roast some beautifully-seasoned Red Fish on a Coal Pot:
Download the #CourtsCookApp here:
1 whole fish (3lbs) Snapper or your preferred fish
3 each pimento chopped
1 bundle chadon beni (culantro) chopped
2 tbsp fine thyme
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
3 tbsp chive chopped
3 tbsp onion chopped
1 each tri-color pepper cut into Juliennes
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp lemon pepper
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 carrot cut into slices
1 bundle celery chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Using one lime for washing, clean and wash whole fish with lime juice.
2. Season fish with pimento, chadon beni, fine thyme, salt to taste, black pepper to taste, chive, onion, garlic, lemon pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper and celery.
3. Add olive oil a piece of foil large enough to wrap the fish completely.
4. Arrange slice carrots on foil then place seasoned fish on top carrots.
5. Add Julienne peppers on top of fish then wrap foil tightly around fish.
6. Place wrapped fish on a baking tray in a pre-heated oven of 375 degrees F or on top a pre-heated coal pot. Cook for 30 minutes.