How To Make Chorai Bhagi (Spinach)
Kez and Dev are back in de yard to prepare an essential side dish, BHAGI:
Yield – 6 to 8 Servings
Chorai Bhagi – 1 to 2 bundles
Vegetable oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
Carapoulay leaves – 2 to 3
Chopped Spanish Onion - 1 small
Chopped Scotch Bonnet Pepper - 1 small
Chopped Pimento – 2 to3
Chopped Chadon Beni - 2 tbsp
Spanish Thyme 1 tbsp
Chopped Garlic - 3 cloves
Salt - to taste
1. Wash bhagi and allow excess water to drain off.
2. Remove leaves from stems and set aside.
3. Heat medium pot over medium to high heat
4. Once heated, add oil
5. Once oil is heated, add carapoulay leaves and allow to fry until they turn brown in
6. Add all other ingredients except the garlic and bhagi.
7. Mix in well and allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Stir in garlic and allow to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
9. Stir in bhagi and salt.
10. The bhagi will start to shrink to about 1/3 rd of its original size and release its own
11. Continue to stir and allow to cook and all the moisture has evaporated.
12. Remove from heat taste for salt.