How To Make Trini Chicken Lasagna
Arlene teaches Natalie how she prepares one of her favorite dishes, Chicken Lasagna.
You will need
2lbs Minced Chicken
½ cup Chive (chopped finely)
¼ cup Pimento Peppers (chopped finely)
1/3 cup Garlic (minced)
¾ cup Parsley (chopped)
3 tbsp Olive Oil
½ tbsp Dried Basil
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
8 sprigs Fine Thyme
1 box Lasagna Pasta (no boil)
4 cups Cheddar Cheese (divided)
4 cups Tomato sauce (divided)
1. In a pot over medium heat, heat olive oil.
2. Once oil is heated, sauté garlic, pimento and thyme for 3-4 mins.
3. Add chicken, lemon juice, chive, parsley and basil – mix well and add salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Let cook for 5-8 mins; stirring occasionally.
5. Add 3 cups of tomato sauce and stir – let simmer over low heat for 3-5 mins.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Grease a baking dish.
8. Place a layer of pasta at the base of the dish.
9. Spread half of the chicken mixture evenly over the pasta.
10. Sprinkle 1 ½ cup cheese.
11. Place another layer of pasta and spread the remaining chicken mixture.
12. Sprinkle 1 ½ cup cheese.
13. Place a layer of pasta and spread the remaining tomato sauce and top with the remaining cheese.
14. Bake for 35 – 45 mins or until the top is melted and brown in color.