How To Make Trini Geera Pork
Once again, Natalie looks on in excitement for Geera Pork, this time Arlene is cooking up the goodness.
You will need
2lbs Pork (Shoulder or Butt cut into 1-inch cubes)
½ Scotch Bonnet Pepper
1 ½ cup Chadon Beni (chopped & divided)
½ cup Garlic (chopped & divided)
½ cup Pimento Peppers (chopped & divided)
½ tbsp Curry Powder
6 sprigs of Fine Thyme
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
1. To season the pork – in a bowl add pork, hot pepper, ½
cup chadon beni, 2 tbsp garlic, 2 tbsp pimento peppers, 3
tbsp geera powder and curry powder.
2. Mix well and let marinate for 30 mins.
3. In a pot over medium heat, add vegetable oil.
4. Once the oil is heated, add the remaining geera powder,
stir and let cook for 2 mins.
5. Add the remaining chadon beni, garlic, pimento and
thyme – stir and allow to cook for 3-4 mins.
6. Add pork cubes and stir well.
7. Cover and let simmer over low heat allowing the steam to
cook the pork.
8. Stir occasionally for the next 25 mins.
9. Once the pork is fully cooked and tender, add salt to taste