How To Make Trini Curry Corn (Vegan)
Kez learns how Arlene prepares her tasty Curry Corn. A local favorite that also happens to be vegan.
You will need
6 Corn on the Cob (cut into 1-inch pieces)
1/3 cup Curry Powder
¼ cup Garlic (chopped)
¼ cup Pimento Peppers (chopped)
½ cup Chadon Beni
1 cup Onion (diced)
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
3 sprigs Thyme
½ cup Coconut Milk Powder
1 cup Warm Water
Scotch Bonnet Pepper (optional)
Salt to taste
1 bundle Chive (sliced for garnish)
1. Mix warm water and coconut milk – set aside.
2. In a pot over medium heat, add vegetable oil.
3. Once the oil is heated, add curry powder, stir and allow to
cook for 2 – 3 mins.
4. Add pimento peppers, onions, thyme, chadon beni and a
few pinches of salt – mix and let for 2- 3 mins.
5. Add corn and mix well.
6. Cover and let cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally to avoid
7. Add coconut milk and reduce heat to low.
8. Cover and let simmer for 30 mins stirring occasionally.
9. Once the corn is cooked, remove form heat and garnish