How To Make Trini Pholourie
What's a good party without some hot Pholourie? Natalie helps Arlene whip up a fresh batch in this week’s episode.
You will need
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 ½ tsp Salt
½ tbsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Tumeric Powder
4 – 6 Chadon Beni leaves
2 ups lukewarm Water
Vegetable Oil for deep frying
1. In bowl mix flour, salt, baking powder, yeast and turmeric powder.
2. Add water and mix – then incorporate chadon beni.
3. Let sit for 30 – 40 mins.
4. In a large pot, add vegetable oil for deep frying on high heat.
5. Once the oil has reached a temperature of 350 F, spoon round balls of the mixture into the oil (Do not crowd the pot).
6. The phoulourie will float to the top.
7. Stir occasionally for 2 mins or until they turn light brown in color.
8. Place in a bowl or tray lined with grease proof paper/wax paper. Enjoy!