How To Make Saltfish Accra
Saltfish Accra is on the menu in de yard with Chef Jeremy at the helm today:
Download the #CourtsCookApp here:
2 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon yeast
1 teaspoon saffron (turmeric) powder
1/2 Cup Onion Finely diced
3 each Pimento Finely chopped
1 green pepper Finely chopped
1 Teaspoon Garlic Minced
2 Tablespoons chive Finely chopped
8 Ounces Salt fish Boiled and flaked
1 1/2 Cup Water
1 Cup Vegetable Oil For deep frying
1. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, yeast and saffron.
2. Add onions, pimento, green peppers, garlic, chive and salt fish and stir to mix.
3. Pour water into bowl and mix thoroughly. This should form a thick batter.
4. Using a teaspoon, drop batter into hot oil and fry until golden brown. Approximately 3-4 minutes.
5. Drain on paper towel after frying.