How To Make Sugarless Stew Pork
Dev draws inspiration from Uncle Clyde as he shows Kez how he prepares his Sugarless Stew Pork:
I pack of pork cut up for stew (normally 3lbs)
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 small bundle of chadon beni (culantro)
4-5 leaves of spanish thyme (broad leaf thyme)
1 small bundle chive
2 tbsps soy sauce
2-3 tbsps oyster sauce
3 tbsps vegetable oil
half tsp of salt
half tsp black pepper
1. Wash pork, strain.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a blender or chopper with 2 tbsps vegetable oil. Mix with pork in a bowl.
3. Add in soy sauce and oyster sauce, mix well until meat is covered in the dark marinade.
4. Place in fridge for minimum 25 mins.
5. Heat up cast iron skillet or cast iron pot with med-high heat, 3 tbsps of oil.
6. Place meat in pan when oil is just about smoking, lay the meat as flat as possible. Leave untouched for 5 mins, check to see if crust forms. If crust does not form, leave untouched again for 2-3 mins. Once crust forms, turn the pieces to the other side and repeat process.
7. After 5 mins, add in water to just cover the meat, turn down heat to medium, let simmer. Once water is bubbling and reduces by 1/3, add in 1 more tbsps of oyster sauce to help the sauce thicken up.
8. Reduce sauce to desired thickness, take pan off the heat and let it rest for 3-5 mins. Serve.