Trinbagonian Mauby | Wah Yuh Drinkin?
A true Trinbagonian fridge must have a jug of Mauby gracing its shelf at some point in its life! Our friend Neil of Verve Creations shows Kez how he prepares his:
1 1/2 loose cups of Mauby Bark
2 sticks of Cinnamon
1 tsp of Aniseed
2 Star Anise
1 small Bay Leaf
1 tbsp Vanilla/Mixed Essence
3-4 cups Water
2 cups Brown Sugar
1. Place all ingredients except brown sugar in a small sauce pot on a low heat for 20 minutes.
2. Increase heat for a further 10 minutes.
3. Taste liquid to test the strength of the infusion (a bitter aromatic flavor is what you should taste).
4. Turn off heat, cover pot and let cool.
5. Fine strain to remove all solids and particles.
6. Sweeten with brown sugar as desired.
7. Pour into glass filled with ice and enjoy.