How To Make Coconut Oil by Chef Shaun 🇹🇹
Yield – 10 fl. oz.
Whole Dried Coconuts - 5
1. Remove coconut from shell.
2. Using a knife, cut coconut into 1 inch pieces.
3. Transfer to blender and cover with warm water.
4. Blend to a smooth, but chunky consistency.
5. Strain through a strainer and cheese cloth.
6. Cover and allow to sit for a minimum of 2 hours (or overnight for best results). During this time, the coconut cream will rise to the top.
7. Separate the coconut cream from the water.
8. Transfer cream to pot.
9. Place pot over medium heat and stir while mixture heats up.
10. Continue to stir throughout the cooking process. During this time, the coconut oil will separate from the water and coconut solids.
11. Allow to cool to room temperature before straining through a fine cheese cloth.