How To Make Coconut Stew Saltfish
Our sister from the sister isle, Arlene, crossed the sea to show us how she prepares her popular Coconut Stew Saltfish:
Download the #CourtsCookApp here:
1 lb Saltfish (boiled & shredded)
1/4 cup chopped Garlic
4 medium Tomatoes
2 small Onions
1 small Sweet Pepper
3 Chadon Beni (Culantro) leaves
1 bundle of Chive (sliced)
4 medium Pimento Peppers
1/2 cup Ketchup
1 1/2 cups Coconut Milk
Smidge of Scotch Bonnet Pepper
1. Heat vegetable oil.
2. Sauté tomatoes, garlic, pimento peppers and onions.
3. Add saltfish and allow to cook.
4. Mix in ketchup and hot pepper.
5. Add coconut milk and sweet peppers.
6. Allow to cook until it reaches a desired consistency.
7. Remove from heat and add chive.