How To Make Curry Bodi
Another essential side dish for any plate of curry is Bodi. Dev shows Kez how to prepare it in de yard:
Yield – 6 to 8 Servings
Bodi – 2 lbs.
Water – 1 cup
Curry Powder – 2 tsp
Chopped Garlic - 3 cloves
Chopped Spanish Onion - 1 small
Chopped Scotch Bonnet Pepper - 1 small
Chopped Pimento – 2 to 3
Chopped Chadon Beni - 2 tbsp
Spanish Thyme - 1 tbsp
Vegetable oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
Carapoulay Leaves – 2 to 3
Salt to taste
1. Remove the tips of either end of the bodi, wash and allow excess water to drain.
2. Cut bodi into 2 inch long pieces.
3. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, add water, curry powder, garlic, onion, pepper, pimento, chadon beni and
5. Mix well and set aside.
6. Heat medium sized pot over medium to high heat.
7. Once heated, add oil.
8. Once oil is heated, add carapoulay leaves and allow to fry until they turn brown in
9. Add curry mixture and allow to reduce to a thick paste.
10. Stir in bodi, ensuring to coat well with curry paste.
11. Cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
12. Stir in salt and allow to cook over medium heat until bodi is fully cooked and has
reached desired texture (about 15 minutes).
13. Taste for salt and enjoy!