How To Make Trinbago Coo Coo
Arlene returns to Trinidad to bring us some good ole “Tobago Coo Coo”, accompanied with the obligatory Fried Fish and Callaloo!
2 cups of Coconut Milk
6 medium sliced Ochros
6 chopped Pimento Peppers
1/2 cup shredded Carrots
1 1/2 cup Cornmeal
1 to 2 cups of Water
1/4 cup Butter
1. Add coconut milk, ochro, carrot and pimento peppers to pot and bring to a boil.
2. Season with salt.
3. Allow to cook and thicken.
4. In bowl, combine cornmeal and water and mix to a runny consistency.
5. Add cornmeal mixture to pot and stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
6. Continue to stir over a low heat until the mixture begins to pull away from the sides of the pot and bubbles up.
7. Pour into a greased baking dish.
8. Set aside and allow to firm up.