How To Make Trini Chow Mein/Stir Fry Vegetables
Kez come for de WOK, sign she up! Dev turns up the heat in de yard to prepare a quick and tasty Chow Mein aka Stir Fry Vegetables:
2-3 Star anise
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 med-large sweet/green pepper, cut into julienne pieces
1 med onion
1 small tin shiitake/poku mushrooms, sliced thinly
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 medium carrot, sliced thinly into julienne pieces
1-2 tsp sesame oil
1-2 tsp rice wine
1-2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp MSG/vetsin (OPTIONAL)
3 tbsp veg oil
1. Heat the wok first, then add oil. Wait till oil starts to smoke.
2. Add in star anise, fry for 30-40 seconds.
3. Add in ginger and garlic, fry for 15 seconds. Monitor closely until colour just starts to change.
4. Add in all vegetables. Toss/Mix well. Keep tossing for about 2 mins.
5. Add in sesame oil, rice wine, soy sauce, MSG, sprinkle of salt and white pepper Toss/Mix well.
6. Fry for about another 2 mins, check for salt and adjust if needed. Veg must still be somewhat firm, not too soft.