How To Make Trini Dasheen Bush Bhagi
Natalie learns how to make Dasheen Bush Bhagi, an essential side to go along with her Sada Roti.
You will need
2 bundles Dasheen Bush
½ cup Garlic (chopped)
8 Pimento Peppers (sliced thinly)
3 med Onions (sliced thinly)
1 tbsp Salt
½ tbsp Anchar Masala
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
1. Wash, drain off excess water and roughly chop dasheen bush.
2. In a pot over medium heat, add vegetable oil.
3. Once the oil is heated, sauté onions, garlic, pimento peppers salt and masala powder.
4. Cook for 3- 5mins until onions are translucent.
5. Add dasheen bush a little at a time stirring well each time.
6. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 -30 mins, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
7. Using the back of the spoon you can smash the stems to help get to the soft consistency.
8. Add salt to taste and enjoy.