How To Make Trinbago Cassava Pone
In this week's episode, Arlene recreates her granny's oh-so-special Cassava Pone recipe for us:
2 cups Cassava
½ cup Pumpkin
½ cup Dried Coconut (fresh)
½ cup Evaporated Milk
1 tsp Ginger
½ cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp CGA Marigold Margarine
½ tsp Nutmeg (grated)
½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Vanilla Essence
½ tsp Black pepper
A few minced Raisins (optional)
Pinch of salt
1. Grate or process finely coconut, pumpkin and cassava – press out liquid if necessary.
2. Mix sugar and milk until smooth.
3. Add Marigold, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
4. Mix in grated/processed mixture.
5. Pour into a greased 6 inch square baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 mins or until center is cooked or knife comes out clean from center.