🇹🇹 Olive Oil Sardine CHICKPEAS SALAD Recipe by Chef Shaun
Here’s a quick and healthy chickpeas salad with Brunswick Olive Oil Sardines. Now I know when most of us hear sardines, we think of that fishy smell emanating from the tin. Or having to remove the skin, guts, and spine before squeezing lime over it to remove that fresh scent. Well, the year is 2023 and Brunswick has made it a lot more convenient for us, by creating this boneless, ready-to-eat, nutritious, rich source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids that fit into our busy, hectic lifestyles.
Yield - 2 to 3 Servings.
Brunswick Olive Oil Sardines - 2 tins
Channa/chickpeas - 2 (16oz) tins (washed and drained)
Cherry Tomatoes - 1 cup (halved)
Avocado - ½ cup (cubed)
Feta Cheese - ½ cup
Red Onion - ¼ cup (thinly sliced)
Parsley - ¼ cup (leaves chopped)
Zucchini - ¾ cup (small cubes)
Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Black Pepper - to taste
1. Start by adding your sardines, olive oil included, to your bowl.
2. Using a fork, break up the sardine fillets.
3. Add all your remaining ingredients and toss until well combined.
1. Chickpeas are an excellent source of protein and fiber.
2. Cherry tomatoes add a little sweetness to your salad. Regular tomatoes are fine as well.
3. Avocado adds creaminess, fatty acids, and potassium.
4. Feta cheese also adds a creamy texture to your salad.
5. Red onion adds a bit of subtle sweetness while still giving you that onion flavor.
6. Parsley helps to bring the salad to life with that added freshness and aroma.
7. Zucchini is rich in several vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
8. Lemon juice when mixed with the olive oil from the sardines, salt, and pepper all help to balance out and bring all the ingredients to life.