Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
Potato - 3 lbs
Butter - 2 oz/1 tbsp
Flour - 1/8 cup
Heavy Cream - 20 fl oz
Salt - to taste
Black Pepper - to taste
Garlic Powder - 1 tsp
Onion Powder - 1 tsp
Cayenne Pepper - 1/4 tsp
Italian Seasoning - 1/2 tbsp
Dried Oregano - 1/2 tbsp
Kraft Italian Cheese - 1 (8 oz) pack
Seasoned Breadcrumbs - 1/8 cup
1. Peel and wash potatoes.
2. Place in a pot of boiling water and allow to cook until tender (about 10-15 minutes).
3. Drain and set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Heat a medium sauce pot over medium heat.
6. Add butter.
7. Once melted, whisk in flour.
8. Continue to whisk until the mixture turns blonde in colour.
9. Whisk in heavy cream.
10. Whisk in salt, black pepper, garlic, onion, cayenne, italian seasoning and oregano.
11. Continue to whisk until the mixture begins to thicken. You want it to coat the back of a spoon.
12. Set aside.
13. Slice potato and layer them in a greased baking sheet.
14. Cover with cream mixture and repeat this process as illustrated in the video.
15. Cover with Kraft Italian Cheese.
16. Sprinkle on breadcrumbs.
17. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
18. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.