- Chef Jeremy Lovell
Trini Callaloo with Crab Recipe by Chef Jeremy Lovell
Serves: 6 persons
1 bundle dasheen leaves cleaned and chopped
1 cup ochro (cut into 1-inch pieces)
2 tbsp chive/scallions (chopped coarsely)
1 tbsp chadon beni/culantro
1 cup pumpkin (cut into 1-inch pieces)
1 large blue crab (cleaned and cut in half)
1 1/2 tsp onion (medium diced)
3 sprigs fine thyme
2 tsp celery (chopped roughly)
2 tsp garlic (crushed)
1 each whole hot pepper (optional)
6 each pimento pepper (chopped)
1 cup coconut milk liquid
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt or salt to taste
2 tbsp butter
1. In hot pot add butter, when butter has melted add onions, pimento and garlic. Allow to caramelized for 5min.
2. Add all other ingredients and just enough water to reach half way up on ingredients, cover and cook for 20min or until all ingredients are tender.
3. Add crab and allow to cook for a further 20 minutes. Add water if needed.
4. Season salt and pepper to taste.
5. Take out hot pepper before blending or swizzling.