Trini Stew Chicken Recipe by Chef Jeremy Lovell
Serves: 6 persons
3 tbsps brown sugar
1 lb chicken for stew, cut and seasoned (green seasoning)
1 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup chopped pumpkin
3/4 cup chopped carrot
1 tsp coarsely chopped pimento pepper
1 tsp coarsely chopped garlic
1 tsp coarsely chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp coarsely chopped chadon beni/culantro
1 whole hot pepper
1. In heavy metal pot, cook sugar over medium heat until it begins to caramelize (dark brown color).
2. Stir in the chicken, and cook for 30 min or until well browned.
3. Add the carrot, pumpkin, pimento, garlic, coconut milk.
4. Season with salt and black pepper. Add hot pepper.
5. Leave to a simmer; cover and cook until chicken is done (about 25 minutes).
6. Stir in parsley and chadon beni and allow to cook for another 5min then take off heat.