How To Make Roasted Green Fig (Banana) Salad
Arlene shows Kez how she prepares her Green Fig (Banana) Salad with a roasted, garlicky twist.
You will need
12 Green Figs (bananas)
1 bundle Celery (chopped finely)
½ tbsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
¼ cup Garlic (chopped)
2 tbsp Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
¾ cup Mayonnaise
2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
1 cup Peas & Carrots (canned)
¼ tsp Paprika
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Place green figs in a large pot and cover with water.
3. Add vegetable oil and allow to boil for 15 mins or until fully
cooked (use a small knife to check doneness, once the
knife goes through the fig easily its ready).
4. Strain, peel and cut green figs into ½ inch pieces.
5. In a bowl, mix olive oil, green figs, garlic, salt, and black
pepper to taste.
6. Spread evenly on a greased baking tray and bake for 5
mins or until edges are gently brown.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
8. In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, sugar, paprika, salt and pepper
9. Add green figs and peas & carrots – mix well.
10. Chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.