How To Make Trini Fried Fish
Arlene returns to Trinidad to prepare the Fried Fish that she promised to make in the Coo Coo episode:
2 lbs Fresh Fish (sliced)
1/3 cup Lime/Lemon Juice
2 cups Green Seasoning
½ tbsp Black Pepper
3 cups Flour
Vegetable Oil for deep frying (approximately 3 cups)
1. Cover fish with water and add lime/lemon juice. Mix and drain.
2. Add blended seasoning, salt and black pepper and leave to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
3. Remove from marinade, shake off extra seasoning and coat in flour..
4. Deep fry on med heat in vegetable oil for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
5. Place on paper towels to absorb extra oil.