How To Make Trini Nut Cake
Natalie gets a second taste of Sweet Tobago as Arlene shows her how she makes her Nut Cake.
You will need
3 cups Unsalted Peanuts
2 ½ cups Sugar
2 cups Water
¼ cups Ginger (grated)
¼ tsp Cardamon
½ tsp Vanilla Essence
½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
½ tsp Nutmeg (grated)
Margarine for greasing pan
1. Grease baking sheet with margarine.
2. Set aside.
3. In a large pot, boil ginger in the water for 5 mins.
4. Add nuts, sugar, cinnamon and cardamon – stir and let cook for 20-30 mins.
5. Keep stirring to avoid burning or sticking.
6. Once the mixture has reduced and the peanuts are sticking to the spoon, add vanilla.
7. Cook for another 5 – 8 mins or until the sugar starts to look fluffy.
8. Using a large spoon, scoop the mixture onto greased baking sheet.
9. Allow to cool completely before enjoying.