How To Make Trini Red Mango
Arlene brings a sweet taste of Tobago for Natalie, in the form of her irresistible homemade Red Mango.
You will need
6 Green /Full Mango (cut into 1/8’s)
2 cups Water
3 tbsp Salt
¼ cup Brown Sugar
2 Bay Leaves
2 Cinnamon Sticks
3 Whole Cloves
1 tsp Hot Pepper
½ tsp Red Food Coloring
3-4 Dashes Aromatic Bitters
¼ tsp Vanilla Essence
2 ½ cups Brown Sugar
1. In a pot, place the mango and cover with water.
2. Add 3 tbsp salt and ¼ cup sugar and boil for 30 mins to reduce
3. Strain mango.
4. Return mango to pot and add 2 cups of water, bay leaves, cloves,
cinnamon sticks, hot pepper, sugar and bitters.
5. Let cook over low heat for 45 mins until liquid is reduced and the
skin of the mango is tender (edible).
6. Allow to cool completely before consuming.