Saheena Recipe (Rolled Dasheen Bush) by Chef Shaun 🇹🇹
Yield – 15 Servings
Boiled Split Peas - ½ lb.
Geera Powder - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 2 tbsp
Chadon Beni - 2 tbsp
Whole Geera (Cumin) Seeds - 1 tbsp
Onion – ½ cup
Salt - 1 tbsp
Hot Pepper - 1 tbsp or to taste
Baking Powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric - 2 tsp
Lemon Juice - ¼ cup
Self-Rising Flour - ½ lb
Split Peas Flour = ½ lb
Water - 1 ¾ cup
Dasheen (Taro) leaves - 16
Soya Bean Oil for Frying - 4 cups
1. Using a food processor, blend split peas with geera powder, garlic, chadon beni, whole geera, onion, salt, hot pepper, baking powder, turmeric. & lemon juice.
2. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add flours and whisk in water.
4. Set batter aside.
5. Clean, prep and flatten leaves as illustrated in the video.
6. Assemble log as illustrated in the video.
7. Pack tightly using clingwrap and place in your refrigerator to chill for a few hours.
8. Preheat your oil to 325 F.
9. Cut slices ½ inch thick.
10. Paste on batter on either side and place in oil.
11. Fry until dark brown in colour.
Help us to continue making these videos by shopping our:
Merchandise Store: https://foodie-nation-merch.creator-spring.com